IT Service Desk Officer at a Top Tier Commercial Bank – Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited
Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client, a top tier Commercial Bank, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Service Desk Officer
- Our client requires the service of a highly skilled IT service desk officer who will act as the first point of contact for Managed Service customers. The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolved problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the fault to the specialist teams to investigate and resolve.
- This is a demanding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including; Hosting (Linux and Windows), firewalls and/or WAN (wide area networks) technologies.
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers satisfaction.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues.
- Manage a number of scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers systems remain operational.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in area of specialization.
- Practitioner certificate in ITIL is a must.
- Experience in IT service support and delivery experience.
- Provides understanding of service delivery and service support environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support.
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving.
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment.
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
- Be qualified to at least one of the following levels
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft certified solutions associate (MCSA)
- Fortinet certified network security administrator (FCNSA).
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, titilayoe@gvapartners, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.