Emergency Medical Driver – Ambulances at Dash Ambulance Emergency Service – Abuja & Lagos
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Medical Driver – Ambulances
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a skilled driver with a good driving record to join our team as an ambulance driver. Ambulance drivers and other ambulance personnel are often the first members of a medical emergency response team to reach a person in need of medical attention.
- The responsibilities of the ambulance driver include driving the ambulance safely to emergency locations, transporting emergency personnel, transporting patients, and assisting in moving patients via stretchers to the bus.
- To be successful as an ambulance driver with Dash Ambulance® you should have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record with a solid knowledge of all routes and regions in Abuja and Lagos.
- Ultimately, a top-notch ambulance driver should thrive under pressure and should possess compassion when helping patients.
- Complete a mechanical checklist prior to each shift to ensure the ambulance is in working order and ready to transport patients to and from required locations, and report any mechanical issues to appropriate service personnel
- Ensure ambulance is clean and stocked properly with first aid and medical supplies prior to each shift and between patient transports throughout the day
- Accept patient pickup requests daily and drive an ambulance with any necessary medical personnel to the patient location
- Help patients onto ambulance gurney and load them into the ambulance, assisted by a partner or other medical personnel
- Transport patient to the assigned medical facility, unload patient and take patient inside the facility and to were directed by medical personnel
- Accompany EMTs and paramedics on emergency calls to transport patients to hospitals when assigned to do so
- Plan routes in a cost, time and fuel effective manner.
- Account for, and adapt to, unexpected situations like weather conditions and traffic.
- Keep proper logs of hours on the road, miles driven and fuel spent, following all company, state, and federal regulations.
- Maintain the ambulance and associated equipment in good, working order; report all mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws and safety procedures.
- Observe and report all defects, accidents, and violations.
- Adhere to company guidelines while interacting with customers and serve as a brand advocate.
- 3 years experience in driving commercially – preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Possesses a Class D drivers license.
- Excellent defensive driving skills and the ability to read a map.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and reassure frightened patients.
- Great judgment and decision-making skills.
- Good physical agility. Part of your interview process involves passing a physical fitness and agility test
- Knowledge of FRSC, VIO and other regulatory policies and procedures
- Ability to travel with regularity and drive long distances
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to participate in on-the-job training.
- Prolonged periods of sitting while driving.
- Must be able to lift up to 100kg at most times with or without assistance.
- Monday to Sunday
- Holidays required
- Day, Night. 8 hour, 10 hours, 12-hour shift cycles.
- Salary: N50,000 – N70,000 monthly.
- Health insurance, Paid time off.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online